The farmhouse was built in 1833 as part of the Alsop Estate, which included many local farms and dwellings. Originally known as New House Farm, it was renamed in the 1920s. The name Oxdales comes from a small dale that runs from the farm towards the village of Alsop-en-le-Dale.
It's been in the Edge family for around 100 years, with extra land added at various times as the original holding comprised little more than 20 acres.
Today it's a working beef farm with around 120 cattle of various ages.